Come Work With Us!
Our family’s urban farm is a homestead that grows high quality organic fruits and vegetables for local farmers markets. We are now looking for a hard-working and strong work ethic individual to assist with all tasks related to harvesting, prepping, and selling at the local farmers market. Ideal if person has a passion for gardening and the outdoors, a can-do and always learning mindset.
A real job perk if your family loves fresh greens and healthy foods. We often have plenty left from markets that we eat, give to neighbors, and donate throughout the week.
- Must be able to work outdoors, as needed, in all weather conditions.
- Be able to stand, stoop, sit, squat, climb, dig and lift up to 40 pounds, and walk throughout the working day.
- Planting, harvesting, and caring for crops in greenhouses and hoop houses.
- Assisting with construction and maintenance of new greenhouses, hoop houses and other farm buildings and structures.
- Doing routine maintenance checks and making repairs to farm structures and tools.
- Maintaining production and equipment records.
- Overseeing the harvest process.
- Overseeing the post-harvest washing, packaging, delivery and/or storage of harvested produce.
- Supervise labor staff in the course of performing the above tasks.
- A nice and pleasant attitude is a must. :)
- Demonstrate ability to complete tasks diligently alone and with others.
- Provide prompt feedback of your activities and the outcome of tasks allocated to you.
- Display problem solving and a can-do attitude towards challenges.
What your days might look like:
- Fridays is Market Prep-Day – 8AM – 5PM.
- Our focus is on harvesting, prep & clean, and bag of crop.
- Saturdays is Market Day – 7AM – 4PM
- 7 – 12 - Help with prepping and taking down market booth, greeting and taking care of customer
- 12 – 4 - Organizing, cleaning, and maintenance of work stations and farm. Harvesting and prepping for Sunday market.
- 3rd or 4th day a week.
- As business grows we will need help with other farm tasks.
- Examples - Organizing, bed cultivation, fertilizing, watering, planting, trellis and bed maintenance, weeding, and mulching.